SKYWARN is a training program sponsored by the Boston National Weather Service Office in conjunction with Nashua Office of Emergency Management (OEM). This is the first in a series of courses that will be available for residents interested in volunteering with Nashua OEM during disasters. The training will be taught by a National Weather Service Meteorologist.
SKYWARN Training is FREE and teaches residents the following information:
- Why types of storms develop
- Weather patterns conducive to severe weather
- Fundamentals of storm structure
- Identifying potential severe weather features
- Information to report to National Weather Service
- How to report information