The City Attorney's Office is committed to providing the highest quality legal services to the Mayor, Board of Aldermen, Nashua School District and the 34 departments, boards, commissions, and offices of the City of Nashua.
Our responsibilities include:
- Representing the City in legal proceedings;
- Providing advice or written opinions to any officer, department head, board, commission or other unit of local government;
- Approving surety bonds and contracts;
- Examining and approving title to all real property to be acquired by the City;
- Investigating, evaluating and recommending disposition of all claims made against the City;
- Drafting and reviewing legislation as requested by the Mayor and the Board of Aldermen.